Home Welcome Resource Center Bookstore


Norsk Deutsch Español Contact Us


Volume 17, Issue 1



When Cain murdered his brother Abel, he used a crude weapon that could have been a stone, club or a knife. Since that first murder, Satan and his fallen angels have consistently introduced new weapons for mankind to wage war or to murder individuals.

Looking back in history, we see the development of weaponry with swords, daggers, axes, spears, clubs, catapults, chariots and bows and arrows. The discovery of black powder brought about more sophisticated projectile weapons such as the rifle, pistol and shotgun. Sailing ships were eventually equipped with cannons, which made it possible for mankind to fight on the oceans, lakes and rivers. Ships became more efficient with the steam engine; they could be built larger, carry more weapons and were not dependent upon the wind anymore.

With the discovery of smokeless gunpowder came the modern rifles, pistols, machine guns, mortars and artillery of different kinds, including rockets. The combustion engine gave the weapon producers a new platform as they did not have to rely upon horses to pull artillery pieces anymore and could make self-propelled cannons, tanks and vehicles with machine guns mounted on them.

The goal of the military industrial complex was to develop advanced weapons that could kill mankind faster and more efficiently.

During World War I, the armament industry on both sides of conflict decided that the guns and cannons could not kill people fast enough, so they introduced chemical warfare and soldiers were suddenly dying in massive numbers as mustard gas swept over the battlefields.

With the development of airplanes, the military industrial complex mounted machine guns and bomb racks on the airplanes and made the killing more efficient from the air.

After World War I, there was such an outcry from people around the world that the political leaders met and agreed to outlaw chemical weaponry. Chemical weapons were not used in World War II, but the military industrial complex in all the warring nations increased the efficiency of their weapons with the addition of aircraft carriers, submarines, heavy four engine bombers and fast fighter aircraft.

Incendiary bombs were used by the Allies as well as the Germans to create firestorms in cities that resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands of civilians. The most infamous firebombing was of the German city Dresden just a few weeks before the war ended. Hundreds of thousands of refugees were killed in that firestorm.

The incendiary bombs were nothing compared to the two atomic bombs which were dropped on the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945. It took hundreds of heavy four engine bombers to create a firestorm with incendiary bombs while a single bomber dropped an atomic bomb that killed more than half a million civilians.

The wars in Korea (1950-1953), Vietnam (1945-1975), the invasion of Iraq (1990-1991); the second invasion of Iraq (2003-2011) and the war in Afghanistan (2001-present) were fought with conventional, chemical and biological weapons.

THE COLD WAR (1945 – 1991)

After World War II ended in 1945, the Soviet Union turned on England, France and the United States and the relations between these countries cooled considerably to the point that there was a state of political and military tension. It was termed as “cold” because there was no direct large scale fighting between the two sides. Both sides realized that a nuclear attack would be mutually destructive and they also realized that a conventional war would be a disaster that neither side could win.

The cold war was fought using Special Forces, spies and covert operations by aircraft and submarines. Thousands of service men were killed on both sides, but no one complained, since each side was equally guilty of waging covert war.

Chemical weapons could not be used, since they were outlawed. Political leaders in the East and West began to think about a weapon that could be unleashed without leaving a trace.


The evil mindset of using disease as a weapon has existed for centuries. Because technology was in a primitive stage, the different warlords of kings and emperors used rodents to spread disease to the enemy nations. The British Army used small pox as a weapon against the Native American Indians by handing out free blankets that had been used by people with small pox. Since the disease was non-existent in North America, the Indians had no immunity and entire Indian tribes were wiped out without a shot being fired.

Biologists were later able to develop cultures of bacteria and viruses and observe them through the microscope.

Evil Soviet leaders like Vladimir Lenin and Joseph Stalin, searched for ways to kill large groups of people as effectively as possible and saw bio-weapons as a golden opportunity to kill many people and the source would be untraceable.


Joseph Stalin ordered a biological war laboratory to be built at the Leningrad Military Academy even though the Soviet Union had signed the 1925 Geneva Convention which outlawed the use of chemical and biological weapons during war. The loophole in this treaty was that there was no prohibition against using them on civilians during peacetime. The Soviet military command ordered the development of typhus into a biological weapon in 1928. Typhus is a bacterial disease which spreads naturally through lice and fleas. As a biological weapon agent, it would be dispersed via aerosol through an artillery shell or sprayed from an airplane.

Once the typhus concoction had been developed, it was tested on inmates in the Solovki prison camp on the artic island of Solovetsky. A gulag prisoner in the Soviet Union had no value and the death of an inmate was considered acceptable since he would be replaced with a new prisoner.

Stalin wanted to guarantee that if a deadly agent was developed in one of his laboratories, there was also a vaccine to protect him and his troops. The task to develop a vaccine was given to a laboratory near Moscow, which became known as the Red Army’s Scientific Research Institute of Microbiology in 1933. E.N. Pavlovskii (1884-1965) was initially the head of this laboratory, and when Nikita Khrushchev became the ruling dictator over the Soviet Union in 1958, he began to dismantle Stalin’s personal network of power in the Soviet Union. Pavlovskii published a medical article detailing the horrors of the biological warfare that Stalin had unleashed on millions of people living in the Ukraine and Central Asian Soviet Republics.[1] 

Pavlovskii revealed that during Stalin’s purges in the 1920’s to 1940, biological research had developed 253 subspecies of Ixodes ticks, which carried tularemia, brucellosis, relapsing fever, encephalitis and other plagues.

Due to the German attack on the Soviet Union, all biological and chemical warfare laboratories and production centers were moved to the city of Kirov, which was located west of the Ural mountains and out of range for the German war machine.

When Adolf Hitler ordered the attack on the Soviet Union on June 22, 1941, the Soviet army could not mount an adequate defense as the German panzer divisions sliced deep into their territory. As the Germans began to close in on Stalingrad in 1942, Stalin ordered a biological attack on the German war machine and the germ agent used was Tularemia, which causes fever, loss of appetite and septicemia (serious infections of lung, abdomen and urinary tracts). Once it has been unleashed, it only takes 3-5 days before the people exposed to the biological agent succumb to the disease if it is left untreated. The result was that thousands of German soldiers died and the offensive was temporarily halted.

The German intelligence service did not have advance knowledge of this escalated warfare and it is highly probable that the Red Army used biological weapons to weaken the German army divisions and eventually defeat them later on.

After the war was over in 1946, the Soviets built a biological weapons production center in the city of Sverdlovsk, also located in the vicinity of the Ural Mountains.[2]

The tempo of increased biological warfare continued in the Soviet Union and a biological weapons factory of smallpox was built in the city of Zagorsk, close to Moscow in 1947.

Pressure was building from several nations to curtail the research and stockpiling of biological weapons, as a result, the United States, Great Britain, Soviet Union and 19 other nations signed the Biological Weapons Convention to outlaw these weapons in 1972. In 2014 there are 170 nations who have signed this treaty.

Despite the treaty, the Soviet Union continued to build facilities that researched and produced biological weapons. It is estimated by western intelligence services that there were 52 such facilities in 1973 and some 50,000 people worked on the secret biological warfare program. It is further estimated that the yearly production of weaponized smallpox, rabies, typhus, anthrax and other diseases was around 100 tons.

Just like in the United States, the biological programs in the Soviet Union were spread out to make it difficult to pinpoint their research and production. Here are some of the Soviet agencies that were involved:

  • Ministry of Defense

  • Ministry of Agriculture

  • Ministry of Health

  • Academy of Sciences

  • The secret police, previously known as the KGB but has since been renamed the FSB.

All the different institutions involved in biological warfare were under a directorate (umbrella) called  the “Biopreparat,” which was headed by a government department of disease control and incorporated in the Biopreparat to mislead Western political leaders.

During the 1980’s, the Soviet Ministry of Agriculture developed various types of foot-and-mouth disease and rinderpest on cattle, which were then weaponized. [3] Those of us who were adults during the last century remember the terrible outbreak of this disease which affected cows in England and the slaughter of hundreds of infected animals to stop the spread of it. It cost the British farmers millions of dollars in lost income, as other nations refused to import meat from England for a number of years.

Also produced were the African swine fever which targeted pork production and Psittacosis disease which is geared for killing poultry. [4]

A year before the Soviet Union dissolved in 1991, a production line to manufacture smallpox on an industrial scale was built in the city of Koltsovo located in Southwestern Siberia. This was carried out at the large biological research center in Koltsovo and was called the State Research Center of Virology and Biotechnology, also known as the Vector Institute. The facility was a very large with multiple buildings, storage facilities and security fences. This important compound is guarded by a full regiment of the Russian Army, consisting of some 2,500 officers and soldiers.

In the early part of 1990, the Soviet Union even exported weaponized smallpox to Saddam Hussein in Iraq in order to shore up his defensive capacities.

Once the Soviet Union ceased to exist in 1991 and Boris Yeltsin became president of the Russian Federation, he admitted that during the era of the Soviet Union that there had been an offensive biological weapon program. Yeltsin deliberately omitted that the program had not been dismantled even though the governments of Russia, Great Britain and the United States had signed an agreement in 1992 to end all such programs. Twenty-two years later, the world is faced with a belligerent Russia led by Vladimir Putin, who is determined to restore the territories lost when the Soviet Union dissolved. Putin has ordered a massive armament build up, which also includes an aggressive offensive biological weapon program.


Colonel Kanatzhan Albekov of the Soviet army was the First Deputy Director of Biopreparat from 1988-1992. He resigned from the agency when he realized that the Russian Federation would continue the same path as the old Soviet Union with the production of biological weapons. He is not an ethnic Russian, but a Kazakh, born in what today is Kazakhstan. He did not hold Russian citizenship and used this situation to flee Russia and defect to the United States with his family in 1992 and changed his name to Ken Alibek.

Alibek was a leading scientist with knowledge of the Soviet/Russian biological offensive warfare program and was received with open arms by the United States government just like they did with the German scientists in 1945-50 under “Operation Paperclip.” He was being debriefed by CIA agents and American biological warfare experts upon his arrival in the U.S. He revealed just how massive the Soviet biological offensive warfare program had been, including details of the different facilities and their production capacity. Alibek also testified at several congressional hearings, but for some reason the media chose not to report on this matter and the American people were kept in the dark as to the lethality of the Soviet/Russian biological weapons. A nuclear bomb destroys infrastructure and organic matter but a biological weapon only eradicates the people of a nation. The only thing necessary is a decontaminant.

Once Alibek and his family arrived in the United States and became American citizens, he went to work at the George Mason University (GMU) as a professor of Medical Microbiology. GMU is the largest research university in the state of Virginia with 34,000 students in 2013. Alibek became the driving force to develop an innovative biodefense graduate education program at the university and he also spearheaded the upgrading of GMU’s biosafety to level three (BSL-3) and was able to secure a $40 million grant from the Federal and state governments to construct a new facility for this purpose.

Alibek had been disturbed when he worked as a scientist in the Soviet Union with biological offensive weapons. Over time it became clear to him that the United States government also wanted to go beyond bio-defense and start to research and produce its own biological weapons. As a result, he resigned from GMU in 2006 and is working with AFG Biosolutions in Gaithersburg, Maryland. He is the President, Chief Scientific Officer and Chief Executive officer of this corporation.

It is obvious that Alibek is still a main player in the bio-engineering field. He started MaxWellBio (MWB) in 2006, a pharmaceutical company based in Washington D.C. This corporation has several sub-corporations and affiliates in the United States and the Ukraine.

According to Alibek, his goal is to establish a new large scale high-tech pharmaceutical laboratory in the Ukraine, filled with the latest cutting edge equipment and capable of producing prescription drugs. Construction began for the large sprawling MWB campus in the city of Boryspil, close to Kiev, in April of 2007. The facilities were completed in 2008. It is interesting to note that the international airport for Kiev is located in Boryspil and one of the biggest airports in Eastern Europe as more than six million passengers passed through it in 2008. It is also a connecting hub for flights to Eastern Europe, as well as to former Soviet republics and the Middle East.


The rapid and growing success of Ken Alibek leaves me with several questions that beg answers:

  1. How can a former Soviet army colonel accumulate the necessary finances to build a state of the art pharmaceutical campus in Ukraine? Working as a professor at George Mason University would have given him a salary of around $500,000 per year, but that does not translate into the 100 million dollars necessary to build such a facility. There is a fierce competition among the huge pharmaceutical corporations, and if they had known that Alibek was going to build a huge facility in Ukraine and produce cheap generic drugs, why didn’t they lobby to block any private financing?

  2. Could it be that the CIA wanted a modern offensive biological weapon production center outside the United States in order to keep Congress from finding out what is really going on? After all, the CIA rented prisons for its rendition program after 9/11 in nations like Poland, Ukraine, Romania, Thailand, etc., where so-called “terrorists” were taken and mercilessly tortured. How convenient to have a state-of-the-art facility in the Ukraine to manufacture biological weapons.

  3. Alibek was the top Soviet scientist when it comes to offensive biological weapons. Any director for an intelligence service would spend a lot of money to hire a man with these credentials. We know the Soviets were more advanced in offensive biological warfare since they used their own population to test their bio-weapons. It was done on a much smaller scale in the U.S. Did Ken Alibek pretend to get upset at GMU about the weaponization of biological agents as a cover story to mislead anyone from digging further?


The Japanese government under its Emperor was a sadistic evil government which linked Japan with Nazi Germany in 1936, when Japanese ambassador Kintomo Mushakoji and German foreign minister Joachim von Ribbentrop signed an anti-communist pact between the two nations in Berlin.

The pact included a military cooperation and joint development of future weapons. Since both Japan and Germany had conducted extensive research into biological weapons, the two nations started to share research and material with one another. German U-boats would be used to transport the different biological pathogens that had been developed in the different laboratories.

The Japanese army invaded Manchuria on September 19, 1931. Emperor Hirohito and his government falsely decreed that they had liberated Manchuria from China and installed a puppet regime of local Manchurians who were controlled by the local Japanese army commander.

Emperor Hirohito and the Japanese government decided to build a secret state-of-the-art chemical and biological warfare testing center in the province of Pingfang. The project was started in 1934 and the complex was completed in 1939.

The Japanese government had originally named the facility, “Epidemic Prevention and Water Purification Department of the Kwantung Army.” The name of the complex was changed to Unit 731 in 1941. The prison camps were filled with prisoners of war from Russia, China, South East Asia, America and from captured British soldiers.

The complex can best be described like a Nazi concentration camp encompassing a cluster of buildings, which made up the laboratory complex, surrounded by prison camps. It was built in an uninhabited area and the local population was prohibited from entering the area. The official explanation was that the Japanese government had built a large lumber mill and declared it a military zone for security reasons.

The Japanese government allocated the necessary funds to build this facility which included centrifuges for human testing, high pressure chambers for testing how much pressure a human could survive on board a submarine and low pressure chambers for the pilots of the Japanese air force. Walk-in freezers were built to test what exposure to extreme cold would do to a human being. Since a large numbers of prisoners would be killed on a daily basis, huge incinerators were built that could quickly cremate the dead bodies.

The different laboratories and surgical buildings were equipped with the latest equipment available on the world market. Housing for doctors, nurses and other medical staff were constructed, which also included living accommodations for the secret police, prison guards and the military units protecting the complex. It had its own airport with a number of pilots and aircraft from the Japanese air force to carry out the experiments of the biological weapon systems.

In addition, there was a large maintenance staff to keep the facilities running, plus modern kitchens to feed the personnel and their food scraps were given to the prisoners.

Unit 731 was linked with the Japanese medical educational system, and during its nine years of existence, Japanese medical students from different universities and other medical schools in Japan were required to spend time at Unit 731 as part of their medical training. Thus the entire medical student cadre who went through its medical education from 1936 to 1945 was exposed to the inhumane treatment of prisoners. After the war ended in 1945, just about every doctor who had graduated during this time period became part of the Japanese health system. It was not until the early 1980’s that the last of the doctors from this time of horror finally retired from the Japanese health system. This meant that all professors at the different universities and medical schools in Japan had been at Unit 731 and were allowed to teach the next generation of doctors in Japan up through the 1980’s.  

When there was a need for more prisoners to be experimented upon, the Kempeitai (Japanese military police unit) would simply find and abduct people. They routinely supplied 600 victims per year to the camp. Thousands of the prisoners died at the hands of the Japanese doctors and their medical staff and those that survived were scarred for life.


The commander for Unit 731 was Japanese General Shirō Ishii, chief medical officer of the Japanese Army. Ishii had spent two years in the West and came back convinced that the United States, England and Germany were developing biological and chemical warfare programs and Japan therefore needed its own programs to meet the challenge.

Tension had been building between the United States and Japan since the early 1930’s. General Douglas MacArthur, who was the Field Marshal of the Philippine Army since the foundation of the Commonwealth of the Philippines in 1935, had said the United States could send Christian missionaries to Japan and lead them to Christ or combat forces would eventually be needed.

The biological and chemical warfare research centers in Manchuria did not come into being by some mid-level Japanese military officer. It was Emperor Hirohito who issued an imperial decree after being briefed on the need for this type of research in 1936.


Vivisection is surgery conducted for experimental purposes on a living organism, to view living internal structure. This horrible and painful practice can be done to a human or an animal. General Ishii gave the orders to perform vivisections on men and women who had been brought to his prison camps. The prisoners were first infected with different diseases used in biological warfare.  In order to get the best result on the testing of nerves and muscles controlled by the brain, he ordered the procedure to be done without anesthesia, which meant excruciating pain for the person enduring the surgery.

At Unit 731 a person would be seated in a chair. His legs, arms and torso would be tied to the chair, so that he was to be immobile. Before he was strapped to the chair, his hair was shaved off and he was stripped of his clothing so that the doctor and his staff could observe any part of the body they wanted to study. A special tray fastened to the legs was then positioned around his neck and snapped in place. Fasteners from the tray were then positioned around his head, so that he would be unable to move the head.

His mouth would be taped shut so that he could not scream. The procedure would start once the person had been put in this “vise grip.” First a saw was used to saw through the skull and remove it from the head and expose the brain. Then the doctor would start to probe and cut different parts of the brain to measure what effect it had on the body. By the time the “surgery” was over, the patient had died under the cruelest circumstances ever devised by a diabolic doctor and his staff. Other times, victims were chained to an operating table.

The vivisections were not limited to men and women but were also conducted on children and infants.

In 2007, Japanese Army Surgeon, Ken Yuasa, made a public confession to the war crimes he had committed. He had not been at Unit 731 but had worked at Japanese field hospitals in occupied Chinese territory. He stated that he was afraid during his first vivisection but the second one was easier. By the time he was doing his third, he had no problems in doing the procedure. Thousands of Chinese men and women were killed by vivisection at Unit 731 and in the many Japanese field hospitals located all over China.


General Ishii and his staff had worked diligently to develop offensive biological warfare agents of different contagious diseases like the bubonic plague, cholera, and anthrax. To test the delivery system, prisoners were tied to stakes and germ releasing bombs were set off to test its efficiency. Chemical weapons were also tested in the same manner.

There was a high rate of displaced Chinese civilians due to the advance of the Japanese Army. Fleas that had been infected with different diseases were used to infect clothing and other supplies and subsequently air dropped over the refugees. The hapless Chinese people were infected and in turn spread the disease to others, resulting in the deaths of hundreds of thousands civilians.

The coastal city of Ningpo was targeted in 1940 as low flying Japanese aircraft flew over the city spraying it with infected bubonic plague fleas. In 1941, as the battle raged around the city of Changde in the Hunan province, Japanese aircraft again sprayed the area with infected fleas. More than 400,000 Chinese died of the different plagues. Just like Stalin had done in the Soviet Union, tularemia was spread to civilian Chinese people.

The research done at Unit 731 sounds like a chapter out of Dante’s hell with suffering so great that it is hard to describe, let alone understand it, because the average human being doesn’t possess a criminal mind. Prisoners were told that they were going to be vaccinated but were injected instead with venereal diseases. Some male and female prisoners were infected with syphilis, others with gonorrhea and left untreated to see how long they would survive. Female prisoners were constantly raped by the Japanese guards.

Legs and arms were amputated in order to study blood loss. Sometimes amputated limbs were reattached to the opposite side of the body to see if the body would accept the re-attached limb. Some prisoners’ limbs were frozen and then amputated. Other prisoners had parts of their bodies frozen and thawed. This was done to study what happened to untreated gangrene and rotting.

There was no end to the testing General Ishii ordered. He had a virtually unlimited supply of people at his disposal and there was no end to the horrific pain and suffering inflicted on the prisoners while they were alive.

Ishii wanted to know what would happen if the stomach was removed and the esophagus were connected directly to the intestines. Removal of organs from living patients was common and people only had part of their brain, lungs liver, kidneys, etc., removed and then were observed to see how fast they would die.


There were some prisoners who were denied food and only received water. Others were denied food and water while others were only given water. This testing was done to see how long it would take for a person to die under these different circumstances.

Prisoners were also placed in high-pressure chambers to simulate high altitudes for Japanese air force pilots to discover the maximum altitude a pilot could survive if he had to abandon his aircraft. Other prisoners were subjected to tests to see how much pressure a submarine sailor could take before he would die. Prisoners in the high-pressure chamber never survived the testing and died under excruciating pain.

There was also testing conducted to determine how long a human being could live in extreme hot or cold temperatures. They were dressed in different clothing to determine suitable protection for Japanese soldiers, sailors and air crews in order to protect them from fires or from exposure to low temperatures. The testing took place in heated or refrigerated enclosures. The prisoners of these tests did not survive either.

Another experiment conducted was to find out the survival rate for a Japanese pilot if his aircraft had been hit and began to spin. A prisoner was put in a large centrifuge and the rate of spinning would increase until the prisoner died.

Other prisoners were injected with animal blood to see if it was a suitable replacement that could be used in surgery for wounded Japanese soldiers. General Ishii wanted to find out just how much X-ray radiation a technician could be exposed to before he died. Prisoners were exposed to radiation until they died in order to determine a safe rate for hospital staff.

Chemical weapon agents were tested on prisoners in enclosed chambers with windows. The staff would then watch the result to see how long it would take for the prisoner to die.

General Ishii wanted to know if sea water could be used instead of a saline solution; prisoners were injected with sea water, which led to their deaths.

Prisoners that survived testing were either incinerated in a furnace, or if there was no incinerator available, they were buried alive. There was no concern for the pain and suffering of the victims before death came to them.

There was ongoing testing where prisoners were infected with bubonic plague, cholera, smallpox, botulism, anthrax and a variety of other contagious diseases. Needless to say, all the prisoners involved in this testing died excruciating deaths as the diseases ravaged their bodies.

The technical staff at Unit 731 designed special bomb shells of porcelain that were filled with different disease agents and used by Japanese pilots to bomb areas held by the Chinese forces trying to hold back the Japanese army.


Japan officially surrendered to the United States on September 2, 1945, after atomic bombs were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Both the Soviet Union and the United States were aware of the Japanese biological warfare section known as “Unit 731” and it became a race to capture the Japanese doctors and scientists.

Stalin and his military commanders knew that Japan was beaten when the second atomic bomb was dropped on Nagasaki on August 7, 1945. Nevertheless, Stalin ordered more than one million of his soldiers to invade Manchuria on August 8th and take as much territory as possible before the Chinese/American forces could liberate it.

The Japanese government, urged by Emperor Hirohito secretly surrendered to the United States on August 10th and the fighting was finally over.

Prior to surrender, orders were sent to destroy the complex of Unit 731, kill all the prisoners and the Japanese researchers were ordered to commit suicide.

General Ishii and most of his staff had shown no mercy on the prisoners they had violently killed through their experiments, but they refused to prematurely end their own lives. They had seen the United States leapfrogging from one island to another in the Pacific; it was clear since the early part of 1945 that it was only a matter of time before Germany was defeated and they knew that Japan would fall next.

They were well aware of the fact that they would be viewed as war criminals in the eyes of the other nations. Something had to be offered to the United States in order to save their lives and receive amnesty.

The German missile detachment under Wernher von Braun and German intelligence General Reinhard Gehlen had been preparing since June of 1944 to save their lives by offering the Americans their knowledge in return for amnesty.

Wernher von Braun Reinhard Gehlen

General Ishii and his staff boxed up all the medical data from 1936 to 1945, including all research and test results of their bio-warfare experience. Ishii knew that the Soviets were going to turn on the United States as soon as the war was over and that both sides had extensive bio-warfare research programs. General Ishii preferred to deal with the Americans, so before Soviet troops reached the area of Unit 731, Ishii and thousands of the staff fled south to surrender to the American Chinese forces.

Twelve low ranking staff members were captured by Soviet troops as they raced south from Siberia. They were put on trial for war crimes in December of 1949 in the city of Khabarovsk. It was obvious that they had been interrogated harshly during their four years of captivity to reveal all they knew about Unit 731 so the Soviets could incorporate the Japanese bio-warfare research into their program.

Any person familiar with World War II knows that the Nazi’s convicted of war crimes at Nuremberg received harsh sentences with the death penalty in many cases. Even though the 12 staff members of Unit 731 confessed to bio-warfare testing on civilians, they only received a 25 year prison sentence. Seven years later they were released and sent back to Japan. It is obvious that a secret deal had been worked out. 


The American intelligence service during World War II was known as the Office of Strategic Service (OSS) and its head was Major General William “Wild Bill” Donovan. At one point there were 13,000 people working for the OSS. Donovan knew the Soviets would be the next enemy as soon as the war was over and he had been working on a plan since 1943 to extract as many German intelligence officers, scientists and weapon specialists as possible. His spy network in China and Manchuria had informed him of the bio-warfare project in Manchuria and he made it clear to General Douglas MacArthur that he wanted to capture as many Japanese researchers of Unit 731 as possible.

The Chinese government under the leadership of Chiang-Kai-Shek, the president of China, wanted to try the Japanese of Unit 731 as war criminals and execute them, but the American military and intelligence services brushed him off and when General Ishii and his staff managed to reach the American troops coming north.

Since General Ishii and his staff had experimented on thousands of Russian POWs, Stalin put in a request to have Ishii and his staff interrogated by NKVD agents. OSS agents intervened and the order was given that Ishii and his staff be sent to Japan and held in an American prison camp.

Dr. Edwin Hill, a microbiologist and the director of the American bio-warfare program at Fort Detrick, along with Dr. Joseph Victor, flew on an American Air Force plane to Japan as soon as Ishii and his staff were in American custody and interviewed 22 of the Japanese bio-warfare researchers. Ishii had brought with him a large number of documents and some of these were taken back to Fort Detrick. As Dr. Hill and his staff went through the documents, they realized that it had been written in such a way that that they needed to be deciphered. Ishii had done this purposely in order to have a bargaining chip to save his own life.

The military leadership of the American bio-warfare program ordered General MacArthur to negotiate with Ishii and his staff in order to get their cooperation in deciphering the documents from Unit 731. 

The staff of General MacArthur concluded that in order to obtain this “invaluable information” from nine years of research, it did not matter how horrible the acts had been, it was necessary to secure this information to safeguard a future threat from the Soviet Union.

General MacArthur at this time had been appointed Supreme Commander of the Allied Powers (SCAP) by President Truman and ordered to form a military government of Japan and booted out the Soviets in the process as they tried to occupy a piece of Japan. Even though there were British forces in the occupation force, MacArthur was in reality the sole ruler of Japan until it gained its independence in 1952.


Japan set up military whorehouses in the nations they occupied and the women forced to work as prostitutes were called “comfort women.” MacArthur realized that with more than 300,000 American military personnel in Japan, one of the ways to control the men was to set up a system of licensed whorehouses in every location where there was a military base. Japanese families sold their young daughters to the operators of the whorehouses because food was scarce and jobs were hard to obtain. In this way the U.S. Army was no different than the Japanese Army had been in treating the general population.

This whorehouse system operated until January 21, 1946, when MacArthur issued a decree to end the licensed whorehouses and private operators took over. These whorehouses are still well-known to any service men stationed in Japan or on shore leave.

The criminal side of MacArthur came to light with the formation of the International Military Tribunals for the Far East (IMTFE), which convened in Tokyo on April 29, 1946, and lasted until November 24, 1948.

On May 6, 1947, MacArthur wrote a military memo to his superiors at the Pentagon in Washington D.C. that it was possible to gain much information from Ishii and his staff if the files from Unit 731 were classified as “intelligence information.” They could effectively be kept secret from any legal prosecution of war criminals and any information about Unit 731 would not be available for the IMFTE. Furthermore, in the final deal offered to Ishii, neither he nor his staff would be charged with war crimes if they fully cooperated. Ishii and his staff accepted the deal in 1948 and it was officially signed by MacArthur.

All the files of Unit 731 were transferred to Fort Detrick in Maryland and deciphered for American bio-warfare research. General Ishii spent some time at Fort Detrick to share with the American researchers his knowledge gained through torture and death.

General Ishii and his staffers were later employed at hospitals and research centers in Japan. They lived out their lives without ever having to pay for their crimes against humanity. Rest assured though, there is a future court, where someone like MacArthur won’t be able to save them at the Great White Throne Judgment when Jesus will judge humanity. Not only will they be sent to the Lake of Fire, but they will be given additional torment for the atrocities they committed while they lived on earth.

“And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” (Revelation 20:10-15)

MacArthur committed treason against the United States when he decided to shield Emperor Hirohito and the entire imperial family from being implicated at the war crime trials. This also included a number of other influential Japanese officials. Instead of looking for justice for the Americans who died at Pearl Harbor, the Marines who died on the beaches and the more than 400 American POW’s who vanished at Unit 731, MacArthur ordered his military legal staff to work hard to alter documents and make sure that no war criminal was allowed to point a finger at the emperor, his family and the other people MacArthur was protecting.

American soldiers that had been imprisoned in Japanese POW camps were forbidden to share what they had gone through at the hands of the Japanese.

During his years as the ruler of Japan, MacArthur made sure that nothing leaked out to the American media, but 66 years later, top secret documents have been declassified and researchers have been able to find the diabolical truth that was suppressed for so many years.

In 2002, the communist government of China held an International Symposium on the Crimes of Bacteriological Warfare by Japan in World War II. It was symbolically held in the city of Changde, one of the sites of the flea spraying attack. It was estimated that the Unit 731 caused more than 580,000 Chinese deaths in this area. Whatever the numbers, the men and women of Unit 731 have blood on their hands and so does General MacArthur and the military lawyers who shielded their crimes against humanity.

In my next segment we are going to look at the German bio-warfare programs and then examine the American bio-warfare program with the knowledge gained from Unit 731.

“And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.” (Genesis 6:5, 11-12)

"Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honourable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst. Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it. And the mean man shall be brought down, and the mighty man shall be humbled, and the eyes of the lofty shall be humbled…” (Isaiah 5:13-15)

“Woe unto them that draw iniquity with cords of vanity, and sin as it were with a cart rope: That say, Let him make speed, and hasten his work, that we may see it: and let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel draw nigh and come, that we may know it! Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight! Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink: Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him! Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.” (Isaiah 5:18-24)

“For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves…” (Romans 1:18-24)


[1] Lyme Disease and the SS Elbrus, Rachel Verdon, Elderberry Press, Oakland, Oregon, 2011, p.23

[2] The city’s name was changed back in 1991 to its original name of Yekaterinburg.

[3] Rinderpest is a viral infection in cattle.

[4] Swine fever is not to be confused with Swine flu; Swine fever only affected and killed the pigs. Psittacosis is a bacterial infection that attacks the respiratory tract in a bird and kills it.



John S. Torell


Volume 17, Issue 1



Listen to God's Plan of Salvation  

An intimate Love Letter from Father God to you.

Home | Welcome | Resource Center | Bookstore | Site Map
Contact Us |
Links | Donation | Webcast