(16) And it came to pass at the end of seven days, that the word of the LORD
came unto me, saying,
(17) Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore
hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.
(18) When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not
warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life;
the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at
(19) Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from
his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
(20) Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit
iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast
not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he
hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
(21) Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not,
and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast
delivered thy soul.